psst. We’ve got some awesome giveaways going on right now on our Facebook Page. Click here to see our current giveaways (like tickets to the Arboretum, gift cards to consignment sales, and more!) and enter to win, it’s easy-peasy!
Being a mom is hard work. Whether you work out of the house, in the house, or stay at home, the end of the day always brings the same results:
Tired mom…with tired feet. [And HOPEFULLY a sleeping child.]
A few months back, however, I discovered a little secret hiding in Richardson and throughout the DFW area. What could this secret be? Dirt cheap foot massages.
Do you need convincing as to why YOU should give this a try? Let me give you five fantastic and fabulous reasons:
1. It’s cheap! For $20.00 you get 30 minutes of reflexology, a.k.a. mind-numbing foot rubbing. The Special, which is only $29.99, includes a 45 minute foot massage and 15 minute body massage. For the cost of less than a family of four eating out at McDonald’s you can get pampered and relax in a very short amount of time.
2. There are locations hidden everywhere. Reviewed by D Magazine back in 2010 and voted as the best place to get a foot massage in Dallas, my go-to place in Richardson is none other than Foot Joy. If you live elsewhere in the Big D, however, fear not: there are shops like this everywhere. Just check Yelp! for recommendations before you go.
3. It’s good for your body. Reflexology is not just about a foot rub; it also helps reduce stress and can help other problems throughout your entire body. According to Massage Envy the benefits include not only relief from foot pain and plantar fasciitis, but also stress reduction throughout your whole body.
4. You can go by yourself….or you can go with a friend! Depending on where you go, you will either get a private room or be in a room with several other chairs. In a private room (which is no more expensive) you get your own flat-screen television and remote so that you can tune out and have some time. Just….for….you. Feeling a bit more social? Sometimes I make a last minute call at 8:00 in the evening to see if any friends are available for a quick girls getaway. There are rooms with several chairs in them that are less quiet, and we can sit and chat while having all the stress from the day literally rubbed out of our bodies. While you can make appointments, I’ve always been a walk-in.
5. It’s No Fuss-No Muss. When you arrive you will be led into either a private room (without a door – no need to feel unsafe!) or a larger room with several massage chairs. Your feet will be soaked in hot-hot water and you will slowly sink into the chair. Need a little extra? Just turn on the massaging chair while they start off with a scalp rub. After your feet have been massaged and pounded on you will be asked to turn over, and the chair itself literally pulls out and transforms into a full massage table. The rest of your body will be massaged – all while you are still fully clothed and toasty warm from the nice heavy blanket placed on top of you.
If you’re ever tired at the end of the day and just need to get out for a bit, getting a foot massage is for you. If your feet ever ache and throb at the end of a long day, getting a foot massage is for you. If you occasionally have just $20.00 to spare (which is LESS than one trip to McDonald’s for a family of four), getting a foot massage is for you. If you have a husband or significant other who wants you to go and do something for yourself, getting a foot massage is for you!
Now go out and get yourself pampered!