Right from the start I should clarify:
Believe it or not – I haven’t been to every baby boutique in the Dallas area, so this list is comprised more of the favorite boutiques in the eyes of some of the Dallas Moms Blog contributors and yours truly.
I’ll be the first to admit that it’s very hard to beat the convenience of the one stop shop baby store, but how can I resist the adorable, often unique treasures that are commonly found at local baby boutiques? To put it simply, I can’t!
So whether you’re shopping with someone (or something) specific in mind or you just enjoy browsing all the cute, little baby stuff, here are five baby boutiques that are worth a visit.
A Tiny Hiney - recently relocated to the southwest corner of Preston & Forest – This warm and welcoming little pearl has the best stock of bows & bloomers I’ve ever seen in a boutique. In fact, all of their girl clothing and accessories are simply adorable!
They have a great selection of baptism/christening apparel and accessories, and you might even be fortunate enough to uncover some great finds with the token orange tag – that’s a 50% off score!
Baby Bliss - Snider Plaza – always a great place to find a baby gift with the added bonus of a Baby Registry for moms-to-be. They have a good selection of nursery furniture and decor, and you (or your family and friends) can even shop online with free shipping for orders over $99. Their Snider Plaza location has a fun store next door called miniME for the big kids too (toddler through size 12), and they have a second location in Southlake as well.
Kid Biz - Preston Center Plaza at Preston & Northwest Hwy – although some of our Dallas Moms Blog contributors have known the greatness of Kid Biz for several years (here’s a post from 2011), I’ve only recently discovered it. And I must say, I think it’s my new fave! From the moment you walk in, the surroundings are bright and vibrant (I have a “thing” against shopping in places that are not well lit…weird, I know), and the staff are so friendly and helpful! Not only do they have boutique styles and brands for babies and big kids alike (up to size 12 boys & 14/16 girls), but they also have hip clothing and gifts for mom at the neighboring store – The Biz. Talk about all-in-one shopping…what more could a girl ask for?!? A few other bonuses to take note of:
- Great selection of boy clothes (they happen to be some of my favorite boy brands too – Polo RL, Under Armour (to match his daddy), Lacoste, Puma etc).
- Expansive Easter outfit selection – for both boys and girls.
- Always complimentary gift wrapping (I didn’t even have to ask for it!).
- Most liberal return policy I’ve encountered at a boutique. They will actually take returns within 3 business days on non-sale items. Most boutiques are strictly exchange/store credit only.
- Have I mentioned the “Backroom/Bargain Basement” area? A little nook in the back of the store where you can uncover $5 and $10 steals!
Little Lam – on Campbell Rd west of 75 – tucked back into the corner of the shopping center, this hidden gem is worthy of a visit. They have a good selection of college team clothing and paraphernalia as well as a wide variety of adorable baby boy clothes (of particular importance when you’re about to have three little guys to dress). Currently, they are also advertising an Easter mini photo session with a local photographer for $30 on March 1st & 2nd. This would be a great way to capture your tots with that sweet easter bunny without the crowds and long lines.
Small Pockets – Preston Center near Northwest Hwy & the Tollway – this is no ordinary baby boutique…it’s boutique consignment at its best!
Not only do they have upscale children’s new & consignment (think Ralph Lauren, Kissy Kissy, Janie and Jack, Burberry, Oilily etc), but they also have maternity (SCORE for this prego!). It’s a quaint, welcoming space that’s (comfortably) packed with wonderful finds not to mention one of the most kid-friendly play areas for your active toddlers to hang out while you shop. They even have the “dear johnnies” fashionista hospital gowns (new, not consignment, of course).
A few tidbits I’ve learned from shopping baby boutiques:
- Always save your receipt! The majority will only offer exchanges/store credit within a certain amount of time, with a receipt & for non-sale items only.
- Use your store credits expeditiously! I learned this tidbit from a dear friend who accumulated a good amount of store credit from a lovely little boutique that ended up going belly up in her Lakewood neighborhood. You can guess what happened to all her store credit. :(
- They almost all have little play areas in case you have your munchkin(s) in tow.
- While many offer complimentary gift wrapping, even the ones who don’t provide gift wrapping will gladly “wrap” your purchases in one of their cute bags. Throw in a little tissue and a bow, and voila!
As I mentioned earlier this is, by no means, an exhaustive list.
In fact, I’d love to hear about your favorite baby boutique in the area. Here are a few I’ve wanted to check out but just haven’t had the chance:
- The Cozy Cottage (Bishop Arts)
- Haute Baby Dallas (Lovers/Inwood)
- Wellness Baby (Uptown)
- Dimples & Dandelions (Frisco)
- Layette Dallas (Oaklawn)
Have you been to any of these? What do you think…worth a visit?