Did Spring Break sneak up on you?
Now you’re stuck at home with kids anxious to enjoy their break, and you’ve got 5 days to make the most of their time away from school.
So, what do you do?
Dallas Moms Blog has you covered with activities for all types of families…starting now!
For the Schoolers:
- Perot Museum: If you haven’t checked out this amazing museum yet, now’s the time! We just checked and time slots are still available, so there’s not an excuse to plan ahead and go. They’ve even extended their hours to make it more accessible. Whether you have a 3 year old or a ten year old, the whole family will enjoy exploring who the museum has to offer. There are even special programming features this week like the amazing “Fire & Ice” demonstrations or “Super Hero Science” in the Auditorium. And Teachers, don’t forget, you get in FREE with your badge!
- Texas Discovery Gardens & Butterfly House: All this week from 11-3:30, there are awesome Safari activities for kids of all ages. Each day is themed and will have a variety of crafts, story times, and demonstrations happening on the hour. If your child is into Butterflies, head over today for “Monarch Monday” for catterpillar races and dot art. Are they interested in gardening? Visit Thursday for “Garden in the City” and discover etible seeds and bottle terrariums. And there’s so much more! Did you know Tuesdays are FREE (with the exception of the Butterfly House)?!
- Frontiers of Flight: This is the perfect spot if you have toddlers and elementary age children because there’s something for everyone to be in awe over! During Spring Break only, they’re offering a special 2-Day pass for up to 4 family members for only $35! Enjoy specially planned events each day like launching a “stomp rocket” on Monday, Tuesday’s open cockpit day, or the flight simulator lab which is open all week from 10:30am-3:30pm. And when you’re done, take a Mommy break and let your kids play in their indoor play space.
For the Little Ones:
- Klyde Warren Park: Need a spot to let your little one’s let out some energy? Make sure to load up the kids and head downtown to visit Dallas’s newest park edition. And when they’re good and worn out, take a lunch break and enjoy some of Dallas’s finest food trucks; vendors like Relish, The Butcher’s Son, Ruthie’s, Coolhaus, and more! They’ll be there all this week from 12-5pm. You could also head to Allen for a trip to Celebration Park or “off the beaten path” to Davis Park in Highland Park!
- Dallas Arboretum: It’s Dallas Blooms Season; the most beautiful time of year at the Arboretum. Bring a picnic, and grab a seat on the lawn while you let your kids run around and take in the beautiful springtime colors. For an added bonus, make sure to go for Mommy & Me Monday or Tiny Tot Tuesday between 11am-2pm for a petting zoo, face painting, arts and crafts, and Kindermusik (starting at 12pm).
- Kidville: You know how much we love this indoor play place, but this week, you don’t have to be a member to enjoy some of their awesome amenities! Thursday, March 14, bring your kids for a Spring Fling from 4-6pm! Enjoy live music from the Kidville Band, arts & crafts, gym activities, plus dinner is included! (Check flier for price.) Then, make sure to take advantage of your kids Spring Break to try a sample class and see which class is a good fit for you!